May 22, 2020
On May 21st, US-Qatar Business Council (USQBC) hosted the virtual briefing "The Path Forward for Qatar's Energy Sector" featuring HE Mr. Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, Qatar's Minister of State for Energy Affairs and President & CEO of Qatar Petroleum.
During the course of the discussion, HE the Minister discussed the following:
- Impact of low oil prices and Covid-19 on Qatar’s energy expansion plans
- Priorities of Qatar Petroleum’s international investments
- Future plans for Qatar Petroleum investment in the US
- Environmental measures and considerations
- Learnings from the Covid-19 response
- OPEC’s future role in international energy markets
- Rise of women’s role in Qatar Petroleum
Opening remarks were made by Ambassador Anne Patterson, USQBC President, and the discussion was moderated by Mr. Mohammed Barakat, USQBC Managing Director.