Administrative assistant - Washington, DC
- Fielding telephones calls and operate telephone switchboards to connect, hold, transfer and disconnect telephone calls
- Greet and direct all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates and customers
- Arrange appointments for the Council senior staff; and handle external request for meetings
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; interact with courier companies to receive and ship packages.
- Performs clerical tasks, such as arranging letters, memoranda, invoices and other indexed documents according to a system. Operates office equipment and completes general office work including requesting office supplies, organizing and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
- Inputs information quickly and accurately from a variety of sources into a computer database.
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases.
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes.
- Maintaining senior management calendar and appointments.
- Arrange staff travel if requested.
- Maintaining the Council Social media accounts( Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
- Performs a variety of Internet research functions
- Draft letters for senior management
- Other duties as assigned by senior management
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good presentation and a pleasant manner.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains staff confidentiality
- Excellent computer knowledge and familiarity with SalesForce system( Customer relationship management)
- Internet research abilities
- 2 years or more related experience
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associates Degree or Higher
Compensation & Benefits:
The Council offers a wide range of benefits to its employees:
- The Council offers full health insurance, dental, and vision plans and pays 100% of the premium for approved plans.
- The Council life insurance, STD, and LTD policies.
- The Council observes 21 paid holidays each year, including most federal holidays.
- The Council also provides generous paid vacation to all employees.
The Salary range for this position is between $27,000-$34,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications. This position also qualifies for certain earned bonuses governed by the Council policies.
Please apply by sending a cover letter (describing how your qualifications and experience is a good match for this position, and also mention your salary expectations and availability) and résumé to Jobs@usqbc.org; please use the position title as your email subject. This position is based in Washington, DC (U.S. Work authorization is required.)
All application details are kept strictly confidential.
For more information about the Council please visit: www.usqbc.org